thenurdarina

Where the heart speaks through writings

The Days We Shared: Part 1

Assalammualaikum.

"Hi. My name is Nur Darina. I'm from Muar, Johor and my former school was SMK Ghaffar Baba, Masjid Tanah, Melaka. Nice to meet you guys." I hate moving because I have to repeat everything all over. Introduce myself, meet new friends, get used with the new environment, then boom, I'm out of here, and.... yes, repeat. However, I shall never forget the great experiences and memories that comes along. I'm very grateful for that.

2012, a year full of joy, laughter, stress, hope with a hint of immaturity. Unlike in Melaka, I've been friends with them since standard 4; so 2012 was the year I have to be more friendly because I don't really know my new friends. I need to regain my friends circle. My reputation. I'm an introvert, so it's really hard. You have to greet me first, but then you'll regret because I'll be extremely friendly till you finally say, "Oh, how can I stand you after all of this time, Darina?" Hahahaha.

My very first best friend was Fatin Shahiera (for an introvert, really?! Haha!). She sat next to me, now you know why. She's cute and happy-go-lucky, everyone calls her Mok-- which to me is irrelevant, because she's not mok at all. But I call her Mok too anyway. Hahahaha.

She's very friendly so she's like a navigator to me. She have to do all the stuffs like describing the whole class' and the teachers' behaviour, who's that chick next door, where's the girls' toilet, where can I buy food for lunch, and so on. Even when we stumbled upon other students, she have to introduce me to them (if they ask) while I remained silent. Is this what you call 'be more friendly', Darina? Hahaha.

However, I managed to get along with the whole class, after about 2-3 months. Quite long, but, not bad for an introvert, right? Hahaha. Thanks to Fatin Shahiera, of course. But... Yeah, when I'm friendly, I can't get rid of my annoying behaviour. I talk a lot. Not everything I talk makes sense. I love to joke around; I like the idea of making people laugh at my jokes. I sometimes talk too loud. So, I didn't really get along with all of them; there were two boys sat in front of me, Fuad and Luqman. Yup, they hate me.  Hahahaha!

I don't really know how much they hate me because I'm not Edward Cullen (well um yknow, the sexy mind-reader vampire), but they treated me as if I'm invisible. Ya, saya dipulaukan :(. They never really want to talk with me; they'll talk about me among themselves, mengumpat. They'll try to avoid anything that has to do with me. They even persuade the two other boys who sat behind me-- Aiman and Syahidi to join the hate. Hah! Whatever, no man no cry. Haha, okay tipu. I cried a lot, questioning my existence, why me, why now. So weak. Hahaha.

Why I even bother? There's still other people that I can be friends with! Okay, let's be honest. I hate it when I know somebody is unsatisfied with me. I want to know why, I want to get rid of the hate, I want to make peace, I love all of my friends. I will feel very bad. But until the end of the year Fuad and Luqman didn't even say sorry. Me? I've said sorry a lot of times, I even wrote them few letters just because I don't have the courage to talk to them directly. Only Aiman and Syahidi asked me for an apology for about 1 month after they joined them. They said that it was just for fun at first but it got damn serious afterwards so they started to realise how ugly their behaviour were. Thank you.

Other than that, everything goes really well. To be continued.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top