8th Semester

Assalamualaikum, hi. 

It has been awhile, huh? It seems like 8 semesters have passed since the last post I made, which was about my degree course. Haha! It's not like I'm very busy or anything; I have plenty of time to write. But, I don't know, there were just too many stories in my mind that I couldn't bear to write even one paragraph. Or in other words, aku malas. Hahahaha!

Therefore, as a summary, a lot of things happened. The good and the bad. 

One, I wasn't qualified enough to stay in residential college in my second year. I cried a lot because God knows how tired I was collecting merits by attending college events, participate in events, being a part of event organiser, all those nights going to meetings, design & editing posters and banners, rendering videos... But I moved on anyway, guess it was just not my rezeki and there were more talented and active people than me huhu. 

Two, after renting an apartment with my friends for like uhh... a year I guess, all of us decided to move out since the rent was too expensive. My friends went to stay in Serumpun college. As for me, since I still have that love for my former college, I decided to appeal to the principal and Alhamdulillah, I got to stay in that college again, until my final year. If I've appealed sooner, I won't be wasting my money renting that apartment LOL. Maybe I was just too hurt that I didn't get to stay in college that I took a year to move on. Such ego. Silly me. 

Three, during my second year, I was given the golden opportunity of participating in a student mobility program. I went to Japan! I went there for two weeks visiting universities and travelled around Tokyo. Since I used to learn Japanese language throughout my high school years and I even took Japanese language classes for degree, I finally got to the chance to speak with the locals (locals, as in, shopkeepers, vendors, students I met in the university cafe, etc.). But simple conversations only lah. I'm not sure why, but maybe since they knew that we are foreigners, they didn't talk very much. The minute I told them where I came from, all they said was sugoi, nihongo wa jyouzu desu ne and then proceed to offer me their product in English, or the conversation ended just like that. Haha. But to be honest, I kind of glad we didn't talk much too. Even after years of learning, my Japanese language is very rusty LOL. Oh God, I miss Japan so much. 

Four, in my third year, I finally experienced the hell that my seniors always reminded us about. Behold, the compulsory subject, electronic design. The subject sounds cool to learn, but to actually design an electronic project, I spent days crying with my project partner looking for solutions. Weeks of trial and error, dumbfounded as to why our circuit didn't work at all. We even spent God knows how much time with our lecturer for consultations. And to rub more salt in the wound, the same semester we took this subject, we have to start writing final year project  (FYP) thesis. Electronic design took months to finish and expected to have a final product with a full report. So, it's like you're having two FYPs. Stress level doubled up. But uhh.. we both passed this hell anyway. Our circuit still doesn't work, but we have found the solution and successfully made a full report. It's like you're making a report for a faulty product. And for FYP, I successfully proposed my FYP research in the first viva and finished writing the first three chapters. Alhamdulillah.

Five, in my final year, I presented my FYP research in the final viva a.k.a thesis defence. Got an A for that, Alhamdulillah. It was about establishment of CT diagnostic reference level among paediatric population. The retrospective data was taken from PPUM, so, I spent months travelling from UPM to PPUM to collect data. I did this research for my FYP because throughout my degree years, I found my interest with radiation, nuclear physics and medical physics. And that's when I applied Malaysian Nuclear Agency for internship. I got the researcher position in the Medical Physics Lab. The job scope consists of performing quality control (QC) on diagnostic modalities, dose calibrator calibration, calibration of QC test tools, measurement of lead equivalent thickness (LET) of protective barriers and research for mini project. It was a good experience, but since the global pandemic COVID-19, I spent like half of my internship period at the agency, and half of it working from home. If I have the chance to extend more time there, I would because I want to gain more knowledge and experience.

Six, uhhh there's more? Haha. Yeah, I kind of want to write about it here a bit. I met someone. Funny thing is, I have met this someone since my first year. I mean, this someone, is my batch mate. We belonged to the same faculty and department. We went to the same classes, few classes only lah since we're taking different majors. All these years, he's just right in front me. All these years, I wasn't even close to him. He's just that guy from different major and only talk to me to ask about academic stuffs. But during our final year, while doing internship, we grew closer, MCO came along, we got to know each other, we played games together and one day my heart decided to beat differently when I talk to him. Or even think about him. But I was too scared of rejection and disappointment from my previous relationship, I didn't have the courage to tell him. And then, few days later, he asked me what if there's someone that likes me –and that someone is him. Since he asked that, I told him what I felt sincerely. And it turns out that's not just a 'what if' kind of question. It's him confessing to me, but he's afraid of affecting our friendship, since he didn't know that I like him too. LOL. It has been months since that day. And I fell in love with him every day. Hihi.

Wow. Look at all of these summaries. From sad to stress to lovey-dovey. Life is indeed a rollercoaster. Haha! So what now? Am I back to blogging? Maybe, I'll try my best.. Plus, I'm kind of very free right now. Even though my internship has ended, the semester didn't end yet. So, I still have to wait for my final semester result. Convocation? Haha, sadly it's postponed to God knows when. I didn't mind about that, as long as we'll be doing it the same way it has always been. I don't want to do it virtually like some other universities did. Or like what UiTM demonstrated in their video. I'd rather wait. Haha!

Future plans? I'm planning to work in radiation or medical physics field, so I've been applying for postgrad studies and hopes for the best. InsyaAllah. And oh yeah, this year I aim to live a healthier and more productive life. So after MCO ended, I joined an online weight loss coaching program. I've been joining for a month now, practicing eat clean diet and doing workouts. I have loss 5.6kg so far. Still long way to go to reach my ideal weight. I will write about my weight loss journey in a different posting. So, good bye for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apa itu Sains Instrumentasi?

The next chapter of my life

Kimchi Fried Rice and Cajun Salmon for a happy tummy!