thenurdarina

Where the heart speaks through writings

The Days We Shared: Part 3

Assalammualaikum. Hi, this is the ending for part 1 and part 2 of The Days We Shared.

2014 - SPM YEAR! A tough year for all of us. But we 'watlek watpeace' je. Hehehe, tipu. Most of the time we're busy studying on our own or finishing the homework. Sometimes we play games or take pictures (kantoi bawak phone hahaha) just to loosen up a bit.

This year I'm quite busy as I'm the secretary of the English club, leader of 'AJK Keceriaan dan Kebersihan' of my own class and a member of the debate team. I did less actually for English club... Because I was busy with the debate practices and there were no more co-curricular activities for SPM and PT3 candidates after the mid-term holidays. The two and a half hours of co-curricular activities were replaced with extra classes and quizzes.

Suprisingly, we don't have any SPM countdowns in our class. It should be Afiq's job to update things like that, but, you know Afiq. He's too cool to be more responsible. Well, actually he did, but it was only after Madam Lee asked him to do so. Hehehe, sorry Afiq, I hope you're not reading this. We didn't really care actually about countdowns... What's more important was our conscious.

Since I was the leader of 'AJK Keceriaan dan Kebersihan', I tried very hard in order to make the class look clean, neat, informative and comfortable. Thanks to Fatin for helping me a lot. Thanks to Azreen and Aida for sacrificing their time to make the timetable, duty roster and so on. Thanks to my vice leader, Azriq and his 'gay friends', Alliena and Ikhwan for the help with the skirts for the desks. Thanks to Leha for collecting the money. And thanks to the others for contributing their notes for the reading corner. May Allah bless you guys always. I can't thank you guys enough. It's okay we only won the first place once or twice or hm I can't remember, but, hey, at least we always won the second place. Not bad, I think. Hahaha.

Debate team... This year Akak Wahida and Akak Anis were no longer in TMS and Syakirah left the team because she's busy with public speaking and the Malay language debate; therefore there were only four of us, which can be considered as outnumbered because we need three speakers and two back-ups. So with warm hearts we welcomed Alliena to our team! Hurray!

We won the district level but we lost the state level due to lack of practice. Lack of practice-- blame the mid-term exam please! Hahaha, just kidding. It's our fault. But it's alright actually, we don't need to practice anymore - we only have to focus for SPM (except for Tinagaran, Rushantan and Firas because they're also bond to the drama team. Luckily they won the district level. For state level.... hmm I forgot). Too bad we didn't have time to recruit the juniors to replace the five of us to continue the legacy... Looks like our English club teachers have to do it by themselves. Interview, short-listing, interview, practice, practice, practice, compete. Ah, obviously not something that everyone would love to do.

TMS Open Day in conjunction with TMS 100th Anniversary, the best event so far. As the members of the English Club, Azriq, Alliena, Ikhwan, Syakirah, Azreen, Aida, Khirouban and I were given the responsibility to run the club booth. It was totally something new for all of us, to work as a team and actually to run a business. We've planned for about three weeks earlier than the event but the teacher in charged rejected our proposal. We have to make new plans all over again and finally the proposal was approved. There you go, we were selling French toast, egg scrambles, chicken popcorn, cocktail pudding and marshmallows with fruits dipped in hot chocolate. Everything we planned went very well. Another sweet victory for all of us.

But.. yeah, because of my full commitment with the club booth, I was unable to go to every booth to waste my coupons. All of my coupons were used only to buy drinks and wearing the yukata from the Japanese club booth. Haha.

Ramadhan month; fasting month. 100% focus on SPM. I was so glad because I don't have any trouble with anyone anymore. Hasif and I became good friends. Hehe. Bulan baik, saling bermaafanlah kita. Then we celebrated Eid-ul-fitr three days in Muar and the rest of the holidays in Kelantan. No, I'm not Kelantanese. We went to Kelantan to attend my cousin's wedding.

After Eid, I have had a kick ass birthday party (lol) at my aunt's house in Semenyih. The party was for my sister too as we shared the same month. At the end of Eid month a.k.a August, SPM trials came to say hi. What a mess. Haha. Then November-- SPM finally knocked to our doorsteps; putting our future at stake. We were like "Nooooo, we want January back!"

What a great year indeed. Thank you, 2014. Thank you to 2012 and 2013 too. I learned a lot from these remarkable three years. If only I could turn back time, I would be rich by now because only Allah knows how priceless the days we shared.

Yours sincerely,
Darina.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top