thenurdarina

Where the heart speaks through writings

Day 8: Your live inspiration


Hi. Live inspiration? Well, to me an inspiration is something or someone you can look up to. An inspiration is someone who is worth a thousand words, someone who is a great role model for others and someone who has achieved a great number of goals. Some inspiration comes from unexpected things, like the past times. My list could go on and on, but what I am trying to get at is, in my life, there are many inspirations. When did I start getting life inspiration? I don't really remember but I think it just came when I started to be.. A teenager. Every day when I wake up, I will always bear in my mind things that I want to happen in my life; to be happy, not scared of love, accept all the challenges of life, to live to the fullest.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” ― Dr. Seuss.
I remember when few years ago I attend a three-days-two-nights motivational camping for UPSR, I cried a lot. Homesick? Not really but it happens on the first night. We were about to sleep when suddenly there's an announcement from downstairs. The facilitators wanted us to gather at in front of the assembly hall. It was nearly 12AM and very windy. I was about to complain when suddenly there's a hand from behind holding a scarf and tied it to my head. I can't see anything. We were asked to calm down and sit on the tar. I wasn't scared , thinking that it must have been one of their secret strategies to motivate us.

Then, there was someone talking, not with a microphone but loud enough for everyone to hear. He asked us to imagine what if, what if that night will be our last night. Our last night to be able to walk on the Earth with our own feet. Lost and no hope. People running away to save their lives even they couldn't. Families gather at home. Asking for forgiveness. The sinned ones finally started to repent. Ain't got no time for that. Never. Too late to regret. I didn't cry at first, but I did when he start to ask another question.

"What if tonight is the last chance to live. Tomorrow is the end of the world. But you're here, camping with me and your friends and mobile phones aren't allowed. Have you say your good bye yet? Have you hugged your parents tight before you leave? Did you remember the high hopes that they have put on you and their sacrifice for you in order to achieve that? How about your cousins? Grandparents? Neighbours? Your pets? Is there still any time left to appreciate before everything is gone?"

Oh God, that guy's words were so... I don't know - sad? touching? Anyway, after that night I never stop being grateful for almost everything. I would be surely lost and astray if I didn't.

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” ― Marilyn Monroe.

Sometimes when you read through the newspapers, you could see articles about teenagers and their ruined life after being fooled by their so-called "pakwe" or "makwe". One of the biggest teenagers problem. I have been thinking a lot about this matter. Who is to blame? Of course the teenagers themselves. Can't they just sit back and think before jumping into conclusions? Didn't they know that love can wait, so what's with the hurry? I am also teenager myself but I just can't stand letting it to happen to my friends and myself either. There are limits in socializing, my friends. Besides, we are still teenagers, aren't we? Just live to the fullest. If you fall down, there's always a hand to reach you up. Move on. If he or she doesn't give shit to you anymore, why would you? Obviously they are not the one that you're going to spend the rest of your life with. Don't give shit to things that will mess up your brain. Toreh tangan sebab putus cinta, like seriously?

So, live your life to the fullest. Be happy, accept all the challenges of life, never scared of love and move on.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top